Thursday, June 11, 2009

Time to make the Donuts ???

I like the people at Daylight Donuts here in Rolesville. It is a small town, and you know they are genuinely interested in the community. Still, it is disappointing to see the place (1) out of donuts by the middle of the morning and (2) closed at odd hours.

On the second point, they have been closed on Mondays (do people really buy fewer donuts on first day of the work week?) but as often as not I go to a donut shop to drink good coffee, meet with clients, and do work over Wi-Fi. But when they are closed at random times I cannot use them for that purpose. In point of fact I must plan to avoid them when working with clients: it would be too damaging to show up and find them closed.

This brings up a third point, which is that there aren't any really good coffee shops in Rolesville. Even the local McD's product often tastes burned like someone left the pot on overnight. I'm not holding out hope for the new drive log cabin, whenever that gets built, since it will have no place to sit. Rolesville is where I live, and I don't want the community turned into a drive-through. That's why I hope the donut shop succeeds despite its failings.

No comments: