Saturday, July 11, 2009

Open Message about CyberPowerPC.com Gaming PC -- Don't Buy

I purchased a gaming system with SLI from Cyberpower, for my teenage son.
First thing, the Web site configurator did not mention that the gaming keyboard was backordered, so we were wondering when, or if, they had forgotten it in the initial order. There was no ETA on it. Several emails cleared that up.
When we unpacked it, cables were loose, not good.

The worst thing is that the system freezes up constantly.
We submitted a support request, and got NO RESPONSE. None. Nada.
Reading forums suggested that we turn off SLI, and that slowed the rate of freezing, but it still freezes up regularly.

Like memory, SLI is a basic feature of the system and should have been thoroughly tested, but my experience says that CyberPowerPC doesn't test adequately.

It was very poor customer service of CyberPowerPC to ignore our support request.
Now in every conversation he has, my son tells his friends to _avoid_ CyberPowerPC, and we know he influenced one purchase decision away from CyberPowerPC.
My own recommendations to clients, local friends, on Facebook, Twitter, and Blogger are to avoid CyberPowerPC.
A copy of this message was sent to CyberPowerPC. I will repeat blogging this opinion as long as I have a freezing CyberPowerPC.

No comments: